Translate

Sunday, September 7, 2014

The hour is late.

It's late here, 2 am. And I am feeling wide awake as usual, a bit nervous too. I think I will hop on a game to unwind, but it's strange that of all the games I could play, I want to play the want that is most off putting. I am talking about Borderlands 2. An absolutely amazing action-rpg and first person shooter, that is unforgivably cruel to its heroes. Not only does the game let you listen in and watch as countless innocents are slaughtered, but even makes you watch as characters you've grown attached to are viciously dispatched right in front of you. And to add incredible insult to injury, the vast majority of these atrocities are performed by Handsome Jack.

 During cut-scenes, Jack is somehow capable of killing and embarrassing the amazingly powerful heroes while they stand around like clueless idiots. And as soon as a cut-scene is over, the damage is done and who ever is left is back to "bad ass" normal. I probably take it a bit harder than most because I'm sensitive about animal cruelty and executions, and I feel I could easily write the story better while intoxicated. But, the action style of the game is addictive, and makes you feel like a real bad ass. Not too easy, but enough weapons and abilities to take advantage of to turn you into an epic, ass stomper extraordinaire.

No comments:

Post a Comment